Award-winning actress Gladys Reyes is a part of a growing industry of mompreneurs — mothers who have successfully balanced family life with running a business.
Most recently, she was tapped by Orabella to host an online press conference for members of the media and the blogging community that featured Arabella del Rosario, Orabella’s skincare brand ambassador; Anne Acuña, Orabella Marketing Manager; and Aina Tejada, Orabella distributor.
Orabella is a skincare and direct selling business that promotes beautiful skin while providing earning opportunities to Filipinos.
During the said event, Gladys shared her insights and tips on how to become a successful mompreneur.
- Study the business you are entering. “Mas maganda kung ang papasukin mong negosyo ay passion mo (It would be better if you are passionate about the business that you are getting into),” she advised. Additionally, you should study the ins and outs of the business and be knowledgeable about the products and services you are offering. Learn more about its marketing, sales, accounting, and customer service aspects as well.
- It takes guts to start a business. “Hindi pwede sa negosyo na konting failure, susuko na agad (It’s a no-no in business to easily give up when you experience failure),” Gladys advised. As a mompreneur, don’t let obstacles overwhelm. Remember that challengers come with running a business.
- Set realistic goals and timetables. “Sa ano mang gawain, dapat magkaroon ng specific objectives (In whatever you do, it is important to have specific objectives),” Gladys said. If you’re into sales, set a sales target every month. It is also advisable to have a time frame for your return on investment.
- Find people who will support you. Having a support system is important. During times when you feel down and discouraged, they are the ones who will help lift you up. Your support system can be your husband, friend, or neighbor, as long as they are someone you can trust.
- Believe in yourself and use what you’ve learned in being a mom in running your business. Being a mom is a good preparation for running a business, according to Gladys, as mothers will do everything to give their children a good future.
In the same press conference, Orabella user-turned-reseller and distributor Tejada shared her experience in becoming an entrepreneur.
“Nagsimula po ako sa pagiging user ng Orabella. Nagustuhan ko ‘yung products, kaya naging reseller ako. Sa una po mahirap kasi nagpapakilala pa lang po si Orabella. Pero nung marami na pong nag-try at nagkaroon ng good feedback na nagandahan sila, dumami po ‘yung mga orders ko at na-meet ko po ‘yung pagiging distributor (I started as a user of Orabella. I really liked their products, so I became a reseller. I found selling difficult at first because Orabella was just being introduced that time. But when a lot of people tried it and had very good feedback, I had a lot of orders that I was able to meet the requirements of being a distributor,” she said.
Being an Orabella reseller or distributor is easy, according to Acuña. Their membership package retails at only P599, which includes 2 sets of products for selling, a paper bag, and a door banner where you can place your contact details.
The event also served as a venue for Orabella to introduce its latest whitening line. Together with its brand ambassador Del Rosario, the company unveiled its NanoCare Body whitening range. It includes a whitening soap, white feminine wash, whitening hand and body lotion, whitening toning gel, and a whitening deodorant–all made using Orabella’s NanoCare technology
“When you’re using products with NanoCare particles, it really penetrates your skin. It protects it, instantly whitens, and moisturizes,” Acuña said.
She pointed out that “whitening” for Orabella means making your skin glow to its full potential. All Orabella products are also gentle and are safe to be used by pregnant women and teenagers who are starting to experience skin problems.
To learn more about Orabella’s latest products and promotions, visit their official social media accounts. Orabella products are available through its distributors and stores on Shopee and Lazada. Type in Orabella Direct Selling, Inc. to search for it on Lazada. Type Orabella PH to search for it on Shopee.
You can also visit orabella.com.ph for more information on how you can be part of its direct selling business.